dimanche, mars 04, 2007

Merry Christmas


It feels like Christmas again. Maybe it's the snow we've been getting for the past few days, bringing back the holiday spirits. Or perhaps it is the sweet aroma of rising bread from the oven, the presence of Lindt Lindor chocolate that is so often consumed during the holiday season, or maybe it's the incessant jingle of "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" that's been plaguing the house with undesired Christmas cheer for the past five hours.

Everyone loves novelty Holiday cards. One such variety is the "happy singing card", you know, thoes ones that chirp out a cute little melody of your favourite holiday jingle when you open the card, then cease once the card is closed.

I guess it was my fault really. I am being taught a valuable lesson. I just couldn't resist the temptation of indulging myself in a bit of Christmas nostaligia. 
 
"No Christmas spirit outside of Christmas time!" says the God of Life Lessons, while wagging a single accusatory finger.

I sought the sweet melody of a joyous Christmas jingle, and I am recieving punishment for my foolishness. I will suffer the sound of the singing card until I have atoned for my mistake. Never again will I engage myself in anything Christmasy until the end of the year. Who wants Christmas anyway, when you have Easter, and Peeps!

Well now, I shouldn't dawdle my time here, I must look for an appropriate place to hide the singing card until the battery runs itself out so I can go to sleep; perhaps in the refridgerator?

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

Did it stop singing?!?!

Sandie a dit...

Yeah thankfully it did eventually.
Though had my dad not fixed it, I was about to put the card in an envelope, then inside a box and shut away inside the fridge until the morning.