samedi, octobre 15, 2005

Émilie Simon


Before computer time, and after cookie baking, somehow I found myself watching
March of the Penguins(March de l'Empereur)
I have read the reviews from
Haro Online about a week ago, and it seemed like something I'd enjoy. I always knew I had the film, I just hadn't figured out how to work the damn DVD player. By no means am I technologically illiterate, my dad just happened to link it together with two other media players which made it difficult to comprehend. But lets cut to the chase; the movie was stunning, hypnotic and definitely not a disposable film. What struck me the most was how brilliantly the pop tunes of Emilie Simon complimented the mood and subject of the movie, penguins. People don't normally associate pop music with a documentary-like film, however, in the case of Le Marche de L'Empereur, it goes together like peanut butter and jelly, Chandler and Monica, soy sauce and eggs(hey I like it personally).

Aucun commentaire: