dimanche, octobre 07, 2007

At Work


I've been experiencing some major challenges at work for the past week or so, particularly with my manager. I can no longer look her in the eye the same way I use to.

I suppose, to elucidate this problem, I should first explain the event which served as a catalyst to this troublesome issue.
It was about one week ago today, I was lying soundlessly asleep on my living room couch. Next to me outside the window you could hear the steady pattering of rain in perfect rhythm, soothing to the ear. I was dreaming, a terrible dream unfurling before me. It was Halloween at the portrait studio, and my manager was throwing our annual Halloween party for all the children. It was great fun, there were goblins, witches, kitty cats and Elvis', all enjoying various Halloween treats and games. I was filling a decorative bowl with Skittles, when my clumsy hands failed me and emptied half the container of candy onto the carpet. I blanched, and feverishly attempted to collect the rainbow of candy before they attract halloween bandit raccoons. It was then, that the studio suddenly became dark, the temperature seemed to have dropped considerably. I turn my head slowly to find a pair of glowing eyes glaring at me from a large shadowed silhouette that blocked out the lights. It was my manager, except she was a sunflower. Her tall stalky sunflower physique loomed dangerously over me, as she lifted a leafy hand and pointed accusingly at me. She began to gobble. One did not need to speak turkey to detect the anger in her threatening tongue.

Unfortunately, the contents of the remainder of this dream have escaped me upon my awakening, but if I try really hard, I can glimpse traces of a chase scene across an empty Sears, some yelling and a hatchet. Whether the hatchet belonged to me or my sunflower boss, I cannot tell.

As a direct result of this dream, I have not been able to keep my composure whenever I face my boss. As she speaks to me, the contents of her her speech degrades into a low droning gobble, and golden petals sprout from behind her ears. It takes everything I have just to hastily avert my gaze before I burst into a fit of outrageous giggling. It's become a serious problem.


P.S. This post features lovely art by an artist I recently discovered, Luke Chueh. I encourage all to check out his deviantart page.

4 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

LOL. I wish my life were as interesting. I practically never have dreams I remember anymore. =(
Anyhow, I haven't seen you in soooooo long. I hope we don't have to wait until December before we have a MANDATORY SALE MEETING. But with these stupid midterms getting in the way. >=(
Good luck on any you have.
- Aichan

Sandie a dit...

I don't have mine until late October! And that's when I'm getting extra work hours! Hoorah...

But speaking of SALE meetings, aren't we doing anything for Lindy's birthday?

Anonyme a dit...

Yes, yes, yes we should! I'm telling you, it's impossible to get things together these days! We might just have to have a MAJOR gift exchange in December. I didn't realize it would be so hard to find people! =( But it will happen sometime. It will.

Anonyme a dit...

Get off the acid, Sandie.