mercredi, juin 06, 2007

Updates

Today, the procrastination God has brought you all the first post in over two months. Hoorah!

Here's a brief account of the passings these last weeks:

>AP Studio Art Show:
was a huge success. The one week I dedicated to completing my portfolio pieces, and preparing for the show was well worth the consequential psychology AP cramming that resulted. Unfortunately, I did not encounter any wealthy rich art lovers to offer me money for my artwork. Nevertheless, I did receive a couple of encouraging anonymous comments in the guest book.

On a side note: I am now about 90% confident about my abilities to get acceptance into Emily Carr. However, I've made up my mind; at this stage in my life I wish to go to UBC. If by the time I graduate, my passion for art has proven true and has not dissipated, I will then consider pursuing a place in art school.

School:
is nearly done. The graduation ceremony has come and gone, yet school is yet to be finished. I write you this as I procrastinate my last-week-of-school-test-project-rush work. I am just one electrochemistry test, three photography projects, one psychology presentation, one English book talk project, one french test, two historical movie reviews, one portrait, and four provincial exams away from being done with highschool. I hardly have time to be excited, especially with post-secondary options on my mind.

Post-Secondary:
choices are mind boggling. It seems that my plans of taking the first term off is not going to fly, seeing as I need six english credits for first-year university, and studying for only one term in first year just won't suffice. There are a few other options available, including summer sessions, or simply taking one lone english course in term one. But overall, this seems to be an all-or-nothing deal. If I'm serious about wanting time off, it will have to be an entire year, or nothing at all.

Books:
are being read at a rate that I haven't been able to achieve since my grade school days where the days offered nothing to do but long hours to be filled with reading. More than six books in the last two months, hoorah! I never imagined that I would ever pick up a Harry Potter book when I have or could see its movie rendition, let alone pick up three. I've finished the last three books of the Harry Potter series, and await the release of the final book this coming summer. Having completed the latest books in the sequence, I have little desire to read the first three. Especially after discovering what an obnoxious and unlikeable character Harry Potter actually is.

Movie Viewing:
has slowed to a crawl to make way for book reading progress. However I've recently discovered the movie goldmine that is the public library. You would be amazed at how many great classics (Frida, Hotaru no Hakka, Taxi Driver, The Shining, Jean de Florette! etc. ) that you can find between the dull grey shelves. All of which are free of charge to boot. I'll be having a movie marathon of Chinatown, Dr. Strangelove, and the Rocky Horror Picture Show this Friday to make the due date which is Saturday.

Drawing Phases:
have gone from fusion hybrid animals, to rabbits, to poodle llamas, to the still prevailing face-figure drawings, and now I have arrived at the owls.

I now leave you with a wonderful video from Yenshui Taiwan. I have to go to this someday.

Aucun commentaire: